Best Online Pokies Websites in New Zealand – Your BIG win could be only a spin away!
Are you looking for the best online casinos to play pokies online? We have the best pokies machines for Kiwi players! The casinos on this page have been extensively tested for profit opportunity and fairness. There is on average 97% of stakes paid back to players!
Introduction to Playing Pokie Games Online with Real Money
With hundreds of online casinos and dozens of online casino game developers around, it’s not that hard to find good online pokies. Players usually look for games that offer high chances of winning and grant regular payouts. Pokie players look out for secrets and bonuses, and try to reach the highest levels.
And of course, some people are only interested in playing games that offer a huge jackpot, that a lucky spin could change their life.
But, eventually, it doesn’t matter which type of player you are: the following overview, the best online pokies guide will show you how you can find great games that would fit all your needs!
What are pokies? If you are asking this, you are either just moved to New Zealand, or you haven’t been in a casino or a pub. Well, pokies are the so-called slots machines, and the one-armed bandits people like to play. These machines have a long history, and they are basically all the same: they’ve got reels, symbols, and pay-lines, and they are based on luck. Online pokies are somewhat different of course because they are based on a random number generator in the server they are running from. These games are really good, and they can keep a player entertained for a long time at an online casino.
Major types of pokies
You can tell if a pokie game is new or it’s an old-school one based on the style. A pokie game being old-fashioned doesn’t mean it’s an old game – there are developers who offer modern games based on nostalgic themes for those who like that style.
Here are two major types of pokies based on their style:
- Classic pokies: the classic pokies are the ones that have three reels. Naturally, you could find many modern pokies (especially online) which have three reels, yet they are feature-rich and follow modern themes. The real classic pokies have three reels, and they have symbols like fruits, bells (Liberty Bell), poker card suites, sevens, and gold bars, etc. The classic online pokies often have only one pay-line, and they feature a Hold button.
- Modern pokies: these start at five reels. As you will find out, the majority of the pokies online you could play are five-reel games and they have a lot of ways to win. Among these games, you are going to find different types, from simple spin-and-win to collapsing slots, multi-jackpot slots, and the likes. The major players of the pokies industry know what they are doing, and they guarantee fascinating and fun gameplay to you!
Finding pokies: the biggest providers
There are many ways one could find the top pokies to play online. However, it’s also good to know who make the best pokies, and which software and game-network developers pay out the jackpots. In this short overview, we are going to take a look on the three biggest online slots developers.
There are numerous other providers you should check at the online casino you used to play, such as IGT, RTG, Novomatic (Book of Ra) or Aristocrat.
The best features of online pokies
If you are looking for a way to tell a pokies game from another consider the following features:
- Jackpots: does the game have a progressive jackpot (hard to win), or does it have a fixed pool? If it has a progressive, are there are any smaller jackpots?
- Volatility or Variety: the two means the same – they can tell you if a game pays out small amounts frequently, or it’s one that needs to ‘warm up’ to pay out but pay out big.
- Bonus features: we usually recommend the games which offer a bonus round with free spins, mini games, or other methods to boost your winnings, like the level-up and the random multipliers of the Queen of Gold from the Pragmatic Play.
- Gamble Feature: We don’t recommend using the Gamble feature as it’s easier to lose your winnings than to double it.
Every Kiwi player have the chance to enjoy a great game of pokies online, whether you are playing for free or for real money! So, what are you waiting for? Give it a shot today!
Learn the Top Winning Strategies to Play Online Pokies
So you have decided to play online pokies. Congratulations, you are on your way to having a lot of fun and maybe making some money! There are people who have yet to realise the opportunities waiting for them by playing pokies on the Internet.
Before playing online pokies in New Zealand with real money, you have the option to play for free, either online using a flash player, or by downloading the casino software and installing it in your desktop. This is a good opportunity to get yourself familiar with the many variations that each pokie game has. Specific bonuses, paylines, combinations, wild card symbols, etc. Long gone are the days of the classic 3 reel pokies as the only available option for players. Now there is a lot more to choose from, so use this chance to play for free so you can make a good decision.
Your next step is to learn the winning strategies to play online pokies. We often hear players new and old alike ask, “Do these strategies really exist?” Yes, they do. Here are some of the most effective ones you can use:
Monitor pokies cycles
Pokies machines (online or offline) undergo cycles; by this we mean cycles of collecting money and cycles of giving away money. If you notice that yours is not paying out, then move on to the next one.
This feature allows you to double your cash if you win, which means you could get twice as much as those who are playing without it. A note of warning though, when it comes to “Suits,” it is best not to use the double up feature because if you do, your chances of winning will be lower.
We have two suggestions for you to play pokies smart. The first one is to make sure you take out what you have won, every time. For example, if you placed a bet of $100 and you won another $100, take out the $100 that you won and play with what’s left (in this case, it is $100).
The second suggestion is to know when you need to stop playing. A lot of people become addicted to the game and will just gamble their money away. This is a bad habit which you should never acquire.